Friday, February 12, 2016

VALENTINES PRESENT IDEA FOR ADULTS #1 A Sexy Book of Boudoir Photos

VALENTINES BOUDOIR SHOOT FOR YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER!

2 Years ago I gifted my husband on Valentines Day with a Sexy "Little Black Book" with photos of myself for him. This is my experience, take a read and maybe this could be a good idea for you!



So one day in early January 2013 My friend and photographer Nishani of Nishani Photography Posted This to Facebook.


It showed up in my newsfeed and I was at a point in life of trying things that scare me and consciously making an effort to step outside of the box. Without really thinking about what it actually was I emailed her almost instantly. She had just done my girl's Christmas photos and I adored her work, I love her as a photographer.... But a Boudoir photo shoot..... WAaaaH.... I had a moment of doubt, then something in me told me to commit. 

The women involved were women I knew and trusted, Nishani and Carla with the Photography, Heather doing Make up and Claudia doing hair, wonderful and supportive women. It was going to be a safe and supportive space and if there was ever a time to do it, now was the time.

It was something for my Husband which I knew he would love. It was also something for me to learn to love and embrace myself the way I am, lumps bumps and all, therefore helping me in myself, in my marriage and as a mother.

I signed up, I was super nervous, I wasn't that long after having my second baby, my body was not looking how I wanted it to look, but I knew I had to embrace my Mommy Body, Love myself and just go for it!
 January 18th came way quicker than I expected. I had booked my friend to babysit the girls, I had bought some sexy lingerie, had my hair done and got my tan on, I had researched Chris' favorite celebrity girls and any boudoir style shoots they may have done, I was as prepared as I could be.

On the train ride in, I was nervous as anything. My stomach was in knots, I felt like I was going to throw up. I actually realized how shy deep down I could be. A complete bundle of nerves all the way to the studio I was shaking as I walked up to the room where I was going to be standing practically naked. All of my negative doubts floated into my head. I'm fat, I look disgusting, what if Chris sees these pictures then actually decides I'm too gross for him? what am I doing? What was I thinking? all these thoughts taking over my mind but something in me kept pushing me to go in and just do it.

I opened the door and was welcomed by these wonderful women. Their energy instantly relaxed me, I asked any questions I had, I shook it off and let the dream team work their magic on me.

Claudia on my Hair and Heather on my make up, whilst Carla selected the perfect play list for me to help relax... this pampering alone and "Me" time, was worth it.




Hair and Make up was done and I felt fabulous, from that point on I did not let one negative thought enter my mind, I put my Sassy on, brought out "Georgia Fierce" and just went for it....

I HAD A BLAST!!!!! Nishani was so professional she made me so comfortable, I thought since she was my friend it might have been a little more difficult but it wasn't at all.

I was all over the place in different poses, I found all the little tricks I used to use when I worked with photographers in the past, I got to change from fun little outfit to fun little outfit. I felt so completely and utterly liberated, I was so empowered. I didn't care that I didn't look like a Victoria Secret model. I felt beautiful and I was super excited to know that this was for the man I loved. I thought about him as I looked down the camera lens, how happy this would make him for many reasons and that lit me up inside. For the first time in a long time, I felt like Me again. Not just a Mummy, Not Just a Wife, but ME, Georgia!

I was getting so comfortable and carried away with it all that towards the end of it I was only covered in his Marine Corps uniform jacket - another hour I could have been butt naked ;)

I finished the session feeling amazing. It was so much fun and definitely something I would tell my friends to try, even if they were taken just for them. It is something that I will cherish forever. Plus in 40 years time when I am old, grey and wrinkly I can look back one day and think "Daymn I was smoking!!!"

This was a fabulous and life changing experience for me and I highly recommend it!



Here are some teasers from my first ever Boudoir Photoshoot.............





Sorry Folks - But the Rest are Reserved.............

Wouldn't be much of a Valentines present if I let everyone see now, would it?! ;)


Oh and By the Way.... Chris LOVED it! He was so impressed with my confidence and loved that it captured me exactly as me! A couple of my friends and family members have had a go since and of course their partners thoroughly appreciate it!


All women have anxieties and insecurities, no matter what size or shape we are. But we are goddesses. When we find the times where we can grasp and hold onto our confidence, be sure of ourselves and shine, Well then we can light up entire rooms!

 I want to take a moment for the woman who like me, had a hard time getting to grips with the new version of themselves post babies.....

Just because we are Mothers who, have on days been covered in our own children's pee and poop, or had days where the bags under our eyes have had our Doctors sending us for Cat Scans and blood work, or weeks where we cant really remember when the last time we shaved our legs was, or even worse, showered! This is nothing! We are STILL SEXY and BEAUTIFUL. WE ARE WOMEN! WE ARE POWERFUL!  Every stretch mark we have on our bodies is a map of our life, it is the story of how powerful our bodies are to carry life, Our breast are worn from feeding our children, entire bodies are changed because we are forever changed and we are beautiful!


Whatever shape or size, whatever we look like, our beauty comes from those moments when we put all of that to the side and let ourselves shine through.

THIS IS A GREAT idea for a Valentines Gift and even better for your own self discovery!!!!

Make sure you keep an eye out for any Local Photographer's specials and just GO FOR IT!!!!


Happy Valentines Day!

<3 G

 If you are interested in working with Nishani Photography and the dream team please follow her on Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment